- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Community news and notes
Community Bank of Rockford, a Division of The Harvard State Bank, recently welcomed Bradley E. Steinberg as their new vice president/commercial loan officer. Bradley has more than six years of banking experience in the commercial banking and lending industry. Bradley will focus on relationship banking with consumer, agricultural and business clients in the Rockford community. Bradley resides in the Rockford area and is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he received his bachelor’s degree in finance. … Vivek S. Kantayya, MD, FAAFP, interim head of the department of family and community medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford, family physician at the University Primary Care Clinic in Mt. Morris and assistant professor of clinical family medicine, has completed continuing medical education requirements to retain membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). AAFP is the only medical specialty organization devoted solely to primary care. To maintain membership in AAFP, Kantayya must complete 150 hours of continuing medical education every three years to learn the most up-to-date treatments, technologies and medical research. … Gregory E. Tuite, founder of the law firm Greg Tuite & Associates, was the focus of a profile in the December 2009 issue of Leading Lawyers Network Magazine, Consumer Edition. The article was titled “Greg Tuite: It’s People, Not Numbers, Who Drive This Rockford Comp Leader.” The article details Tuite’s career and the principles that have guided him throughout his 30 years as a lawyer. Also highlighted was Tuite’s involvement in the Rockford community, as he has served on the boards of The Literacy Council, Patriot’s Gateway Center and the Winnebago County Crime and Public Safety Commission.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 20-26, 2010 issue