- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Community news and notes
Community Bank of Rockford, a Division of The Harvard State Bank, recently welcomed Bradley E. Steinberg as their new vice president/commercial loan officer. Bradley has more than six years of banking experience in the commercial banking and lending industry. Bradley will focus on relationship banking with consumer, agricultural and business clients in the Rockford community. Bradley resides in the Rockford area and is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he received his bachelor’s degree in finance. … Vivek S. Kantayya, MD, FAAFP, interim head of the department of family and community medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford, family physician at the University Primary Care Clinic in Mt. Morris and assistant professor of clinical family medicine, has completed continuing medical education requirements to retain membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). AAFP is the only medical specialty organization devoted solely to primary care. To maintain membership in AAFP, Kantayya must complete 150 hours of continuing medical education every three years to learn the most up-to-date treatments, technologies and medical research. … Gregory E. Tuite, founder of the law firm Greg Tuite & Associates, was the focus of a profile in the December 2009 issue of Leading Lawyers Network Magazine, Consumer Edition. The article was titled “Greg Tuite: It’s People, Not Numbers, Who Drive This Rockford Comp Leader.” The article details Tuite’s career and the principles that have guided him throughout his 30 years as a lawyer. Also highlighted was Tuite’s involvement in the Rockford community, as he has served on the boards of The Literacy Council, Patriot’s Gateway Center and the Winnebago County Crime and Public Safety Commission.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 20-26, 2010 issue