- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
OSF Center for Health offers Gentle Yoga classes
From press release
The OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness is continuing a series of Gentle Yoga classes at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
The lunch sessions of Gentle Yoga are held from 12:10 to 12:55 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $7 per class.
More extensive Gentle Yoga classes are offered from 9 to 10:15 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 5 to 6:10 p.m. on Wednesdays. The fee is $11 per class.
Participants may purchase punch cards to be used for the classes or may pay for an individual class.
Yoga tones the muscles and increases strength, stamina and flexibility. Those who practice yoga report they feel renewed and refreshed in mind, body and spirit.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4505.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria.
The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the Jan. 20-26, 2010 issue