- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes for week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010
Linda Cooper joined William Charles Real Estate as a property manager and residential business representative. She will oversee the leasing and customer service of Pembrook Place Apartments at Harrison Avenue and Mulford Road, and the William Brown Loft Apartments in downtown Rockford. She will also handle condominium sales for the company’s condo developments. … Landstar System Inc., a non-asset-based provider of integrated supply chain solutions, picked Lori Engstrom as November Employee of the Month at its Rockford service center. Serving as the agent services coordinator in the capacity utilization department, Engstrom has lived in the Rockford area all her adult life. She was nominated by co-workers for her positive attitude, caring and customer service skills. … Rockford College recently announced accomplishments for two of its employees. Ashley Geiger, athletic trainer, was named Rockford College Employee of the month for September for her skill and dedication. Geiger works to prevent injuries to student athletes in several sports. Shawn Klein, philosophy instructor, presented a paper at the International Association for the Philosophy of Sport in Seattle. His paper considered whether the broadcasting of a defeat in sports contributes to, or even creates, morally problematic humiliation for the losing side.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue