- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes for week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010
Linda Cooper joined William Charles Real Estate as a property manager and residential business representative. She will oversee the leasing and customer service of Pembrook Place Apartments at Harrison Avenue and Mulford Road, and the William Brown Loft Apartments in downtown Rockford. She will also handle condominium sales for the company’s condo developments. … Landstar System Inc., a non-asset-based provider of integrated supply chain solutions, picked Lori Engstrom as November Employee of the Month at its Rockford service center. Serving as the agent services coordinator in the capacity utilization department, Engstrom has lived in the Rockford area all her adult life. She was nominated by co-workers for her positive attitude, caring and customer service skills. … Rockford College recently announced accomplishments for two of its employees. Ashley Geiger, athletic trainer, was named Rockford College Employee of the month for September for her skill and dedication. Geiger works to prevent injuries to student athletes in several sports. Shawn Klein, philosophy instructor, presented a paper at the International Association for the Philosophy of Sport in Seattle. His paper considered whether the broadcasting of a defeat in sports contributes to, or even creates, morally problematic humiliation for the losing side.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue