- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Feb. 5 Wine Tasting to benefit Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
Admission is $25; all proceeds benefit Mendelssohn
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present a Wine Tasting from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at Noonans at Alden, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. Admission is $25 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
Come enjoy the wines, delicious hors d’oeuvres from Five Forks Market, and live music by local performing artists. Flutist Jacques St. Cyr, guitarist Nathan Noble and violinist Brian Doering will perform throughout the evening.
This event is sponsored by Act2Strategists. To make your reservation, call the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center at (815) 964-9713, or visit the Web site at www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue