- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Feb. 5 Wine Tasting to benefit Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
Admission is $25; all proceeds benefit Mendelssohn
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present a Wine Tasting from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at Noonans at Alden, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. Admission is $25 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
Come enjoy the wines, delicious hors d’oeuvres from Five Forks Market, and live music by local performing artists. Flutist Jacques St. Cyr, guitarist Nathan Noble and violinist Brian Doering will perform throughout the evening.
This event is sponsored by Act2Strategists. To make your reservation, call the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center at (815) 964-9713, or visit the Web site at www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue