- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
To the Editor: Andrzejewski, Lowery and Hughes are best choices
Jan. 5, Chicago Tribune reported that all five Democrat candidates for the U.S. Senate seat support
a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
On the Republican ballot, Congressman Mark Kirk was one of only eight Republicans voting for CAP & TRADE, a disastrous legislation for Illinoisans. One of Kirk’s largest contributors, Exelon, will benefit from Cap & Trade—not you—your utility bills will
(as candidate Obama frankly admitted on the campaign trail, until he decided to keep mum).
Republicans Dan Lowery and Patrick Hughes lead the field of U.S. Senate candidates, and Judge Lowery has credentials on our abused state and national constitutions. For Illinois Governor, Adam Andrzejewski (An-Gee-EFF-Ski) is so clean, he squeaks. His plan for state audits sounds dull, but will save the state millions, and can be implemented by a governor, whereas tax cuts cannot. John Cabello opposes Dave Winters, who served us well, but squired Mark Kirk around the state last November.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue