- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
To the Editor: More support for Pete MacKay
Vote for Pete! As a conservative Republican, there are certain principles you never compromise. One is to always remember those who got you there and why. As we saw in Massachusetts, government is for the people and not to the people. Pete MacKay, who served us well, both on the Winnebago County Board and as Rockford Township Highway Commissioner, is now running for Rockford Township 28th Precinct Committeeman because he still desires to be involved with his community. Agree or not, those who know Pete will tell you how honest and committed he is to you, the taxpayer. All the years I’ve been his friend, he has never waned from his principles.
New Milford, Ill.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue