- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
To the Editor: More support for Pete MacKay
Vote for Pete! As a conservative Republican, there are certain principles you never compromise. One is to always remember those who got you there and why. As we saw in Massachusetts, government is for the people and not to the people. Pete MacKay, who served us well, both on the Winnebago County Board and as Rockford Township Highway Commissioner, is now running for Rockford Township 28th Precinct Committeeman because he still desires to be involved with his community. Agree or not, those who know Pete will tell you how honest and committed he is to you, the taxpayer. All the years I’ve been his friend, he has never waned from his principles.
New Milford, Ill.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue