- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: More support for Pete MacKay
Vote for Pete! As a conservative Republican, there are certain principles you never compromise. One is to always remember those who got you there and why. As we saw in Massachusetts, government is for the people and not to the people. Pete MacKay, who served us well, both on the Winnebago County Board and as Rockford Township Highway Commissioner, is now running for Rockford Township 28th Precinct Committeeman because he still desires to be involved with his community. Agree or not, those who know Pete will tell you how honest and committed he is to you, the taxpayer. All the years I’ve been his friend, he has never waned from his principles.
New Milford, Ill.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue