- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: More support for Pete MacKay
Vote for Pete! As a conservative Republican, there are certain principles you never compromise. One is to always remember those who got you there and why. As we saw in Massachusetts, government is for the people and not to the people. Pete MacKay, who served us well, both on the Winnebago County Board and as Rockford Township Highway Commissioner, is now running for Rockford Township 28th Precinct Committeeman because he still desires to be involved with his community. Agree or not, those who know Pete will tell you how honest and committed he is to you, the taxpayer. All the years I’ve been his friend, he has never waned from his principles.
New Milford, Ill.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue