- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
To the Editor: More support for Pete MacKay
Vote for Pete! As a conservative Republican, there are certain principles you never compromise. One is to always remember those who got you there and why. As we saw in Massachusetts, government is for the people and not to the people. Pete MacKay, who served us well, both on the Winnebago County Board and as Rockford Township Highway Commissioner, is now running for Rockford Township 28th Precinct Committeeman because he still desires to be involved with his community. Agree or not, those who know Pete will tell you how honest and committed he is to you, the taxpayer. All the years I’ve been his friend, he has never waned from his principles.
New Milford, Ill.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue