- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
To the Editor: Vote for Gene Bolek for County Board Dist. 5
It gives me great pleasure and high honor to ask the voters of County Board District 5 to vote for and elect Eugene Bolek to fill that position as your county board member in November 2010. In my view, Gene should have been appointed to fill the vacancy after I retired (after 31 years), but political arm twisting and broken promises got in the way.
Gene is the best possible choice. A true conservative in every sense, he likes small local government, is now a Cherry Valley Township trustee, has served about 12-1/2 years, and has never (to my knowledge) missed a meeting. In addition, for the past 5-1/2 years, Gene has attended every Winnebago County Board meeting. His voluntary attendance is better than any county board member now serving.
A pure conservative, Gene believes in lower taxes, less spending, smaller government and all civil and constitutional rights for all American taxpayers.
Gene is truthful, trustworthy and straightforward. I would love to serve with him on any board, but having him elected to represent me (and all of us) is the next-best thing.
Please elect my good friend Gene Bolek to run for our county board in the Feb. 2 Republican primary.
Would we be pleased and thankful? You bet we would! Thank you.
Former District 5 board member
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue