- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
To the Editor: Vote for Sarah Gallagher in DeKalb County
The primary election Tuesday, Feb. 2, is an important day. The voters of DeKalb County will have an opportunity to select the candidates they would like to see as their State’s Attorney in the November general election. I encourage voters to support Sarah Gallagher Chami as your choice. Sarah brings the intelligence, dedication and experience necessary to be the chief law enforcement officer of the county.
Sarah has been a criminal prosecutor for her entire legal career. She is committed to ensuring that all victims of crime are represented well. Sarah is experienced in the prosecution of domestic violence and crimes against children. She is particularly concerned about the impact that violence and substance abuse has on the youth of our communities. The use of the Internet and electronic means by criminals has created ever-new challenges to law enforcement. Sarah will work closely with all law enforcement, social service, and mental health agencies and to utilize the most innovative and effective methods of intervention and technology available.
I have spent my entire professional career in the fields of mental health and family and child welfare. I know Sarah will be a strong advocate for the most vulnerable of our crime victims. When we are able to intervene in a family or a child’s life early to stop a pattern of trouble with the legal system, we help those individuals toward being productive community members. Secondarily, we are saving money at the local and state levels.
Sarah Gallagher Chami will make an outstanding State’s Attorney. She is smart, strong and looking forward to being your State’s Attorney. Support Sarah by taking a Democratic ballot Feb. 2 and casting a vote for the next State’s Attorney of DeKalb County.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue