- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
To the Editor: Vote for Sarah Gallagher in DeKalb County
The primary election Tuesday, Feb. 2, is an important day. The voters of DeKalb County will have an opportunity to select the candidates they would like to see as their State’s Attorney in the November general election. I encourage voters to support Sarah Gallagher Chami as your choice. Sarah brings the intelligence, dedication and experience necessary to be the chief law enforcement officer of the county.
Sarah has been a criminal prosecutor for her entire legal career. She is committed to ensuring that all victims of crime are represented well. Sarah is experienced in the prosecution of domestic violence and crimes against children. She is particularly concerned about the impact that violence and substance abuse has on the youth of our communities. The use of the Internet and electronic means by criminals has created ever-new challenges to law enforcement. Sarah will work closely with all law enforcement, social service, and mental health agencies and to utilize the most innovative and effective methods of intervention and technology available.
I have spent my entire professional career in the fields of mental health and family and child welfare. I know Sarah will be a strong advocate for the most vulnerable of our crime victims. When we are able to intervene in a family or a child’s life early to stop a pattern of trouble with the legal system, we help those individuals toward being productive community members. Secondarily, we are saving money at the local and state levels.
Sarah Gallagher Chami will make an outstanding State’s Attorney. She is smart, strong and looking forward to being your State’s Attorney. Support Sarah by taking a Democratic ballot Feb. 2 and casting a vote for the next State’s Attorney of DeKalb County.
From the Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2010 issue