- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Bowling benefit for kidney transplant recipient
From press release
Friends and family of Michelle Vronch are holding a bowling benefit to raise money for kidney transplant medical expenses, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 7, at Park Lanes Bowling Center, 5318 N. Second St., Loves Park.
Cost is $20 per person for two games of bowling, and Italian buffet, 50/50 drawings, silent auction and door prizes of $10 per person for those who choose not to bowl.
Tickets are available by calling committee members, Lindsey at (815) 509-4379 or Terri at (815) 708-3713.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.