- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Dance Company welcomes back Rockford native Feb. 5
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will present a Masters Dance Class with Keelan Whitmore of the Alonzo King Lines Ballet Company from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at their studios in the Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Cost is $20, and advanced students can reserve a class placement by calling (815) 963-3341.
Whitmore started his training with the RDC in the mid-1990s while enrolled in the CAPA program. Whitmore will perform with the Alonzo King Lines Ballet in Madison, Wis., Feb. 6 at the Wisconsin Union Theater.
More about the Alonzo King Lines Ballet can be accessed through http://www.linesballet.org/lines/artists/#keelan.
For more about RDC, www.rockforddancecompany.com.
Keelan Whitmore is from Rockford, where he began his training at the RDC and later went on to graduate from Interlochen Arts Academy. He also studied at the Joffrey Ballet School/New School University and has danced with Kansas City Ballet for five seasons, where he performed works by George Balanchine, Jerome Robbins, Twyla Tharp and Nacho Duato.
Whitmore’s choreography has been showcased in workshop and gala performances with Kansas City Ballet, Virginia School of the Arts, and Regional Dance America, where he received the 2005 National Choreography Recognition Award. Whitmore is the co-founder/co-artistic director of Quixotic Performance Fusion. This is his fourth season with LINES Ballet.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue