- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Dance Company welcomes back Rockford native Feb. 5
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will present a Masters Dance Class with Keelan Whitmore of the Alonzo King Lines Ballet Company from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at their studios in the Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Cost is $20, and advanced students can reserve a class placement by calling (815) 963-3341.
Whitmore started his training with the RDC in the mid-1990s while enrolled in the CAPA program. Whitmore will perform with the Alonzo King Lines Ballet in Madison, Wis., Feb. 6 at the Wisconsin Union Theater.
More about the Alonzo King Lines Ballet can be accessed through http://www.linesballet.org/lines/artists/#keelan.
For more about RDC, www.rockforddancecompany.com.
Keelan Whitmore is from Rockford, where he began his training at the RDC and later went on to graduate from Interlochen Arts Academy. He also studied at the Joffrey Ballet School/New School University and has danced with Kansas City Ballet for five seasons, where he performed works by George Balanchine, Jerome Robbins, Twyla Tharp and Nacho Duato.
Whitmore’s choreography has been showcased in workshop and gala performances with Kansas City Ballet, Virginia School of the Arts, and Regional Dance America, where he received the 2005 National Choreography Recognition Award. Whitmore is the co-founder/co-artistic director of Quixotic Performance Fusion. This is his fourth season with LINES Ballet.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue