- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Dance Company welcomes back Rockford native Feb. 5
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will present a Masters Dance Class with Keelan Whitmore of the Alonzo King Lines Ballet Company from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at their studios in the Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Cost is $20, and advanced students can reserve a class placement by calling (815) 963-3341.
Whitmore started his training with the RDC in the mid-1990s while enrolled in the CAPA program. Whitmore will perform with the Alonzo King Lines Ballet in Madison, Wis., Feb. 6 at the Wisconsin Union Theater.
More about the Alonzo King Lines Ballet can be accessed through http://www.linesballet.org/lines/artists/#keelan.
For more about RDC, www.rockforddancecompany.com.
Keelan Whitmore is from Rockford, where he began his training at the RDC and later went on to graduate from Interlochen Arts Academy. He also studied at the Joffrey Ballet School/New School University and has danced with Kansas City Ballet for five seasons, where he performed works by George Balanchine, Jerome Robbins, Twyla Tharp and Nacho Duato.
Whitmore’s choreography has been showcased in workshop and gala performances with Kansas City Ballet, Virginia School of the Arts, and Regional Dance America, where he received the 2005 National Choreography Recognition Award. Whitmore is the co-founder/co-artistic director of Quixotic Performance Fusion. This is his fourth season with LINES Ballet.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue