- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Get trained with Red Cross in February!
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this February. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in February:
Adult CPR/AED: Thursday, Feb. 4 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Feb. 9 & 11 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Saturday, Feb. 17 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Feb. 20 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Feb. 13 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.