- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Get trained with Red Cross in February!
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this February. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in February:
Adult CPR/AED: Thursday, Feb. 4 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Feb. 9 & 11 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Saturday, Feb. 17 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Feb. 20 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Feb. 13 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.