- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Massbach Ridge Winery hosts Cabin Fever Open House Feb. 6
From press release
ELIZABETH, Ill.—While the grapevines sleep for the winter, Massbach Ridge Winery will be celebrating their Seventh Annual Cabin Fever Open House at 8837 S. Massbach Road, Elizabeth, Ill., from noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 6.
A $5 tasting fee will allow the excitement of tasting of more than a dozen of Massbach’s fine wines. Local cheeses from Lime Rock Brown Swiss Cheese Company in Davis, Ill., and chocolates will help create “perfect pairings” and visitors will also enjoy the great camaraderie of fellow wine enthusiasts.
Regular hours are 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Tuesday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday-Sunday. Special half-case gifts are offered during February and March.
In addition to watching for a “Make your own grapevine wreath day” planned in March, mark your calendar for Wine Lover’s Weekend, March 26-28; Daffodil Festival, May 1-2; and Wine in Bloom, May 29!
Visit Massbach Ridge Winery online at massbachridge.com or call (815) 291-6700 for more information.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue