- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Philharmonia of the Nations at Coronado Feb. 9
From press release
Come and enjoy a special concert as Coronado Performing Arts Center presents
Philharmonia of the Nations
with Jan Nakamatsu, gifted pianist. He was the 1997 Gold Medalist in the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition.
Nakamatsu will perform at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Coronado PAC, 314 N. Main St. Bernard Holland of The New York Times said,
This young American pianist has stunning technical control and can do anything at the piano he wants.
This performance is being presented by the Rockford Coronado Concert Association. Tickets are $40 adults, $15 students. Call the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or go online at www.coronadopac.org.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue