- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Philharmonia of the Nations at Coronado Feb. 9
From press release
Come and enjoy a special concert as Coronado Performing Arts Center presents
Philharmonia of the Nations
with Jan Nakamatsu, gifted pianist. He was the 1997 Gold Medalist in the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition.
Nakamatsu will perform at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Coronado PAC, 314 N. Main St. Bernard Holland of The New York Times said,
This young American pianist has stunning technical control and can do anything at the piano he wants.
This performance is being presented by the Rockford Coronado Concert Association. Tickets are $40 adults, $15 students. Call the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or go online at www.coronadopac.org.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue