- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Philharmonia of the Nations at Coronado Feb. 9
From press release
Come and enjoy a special concert as Coronado Performing Arts Center presents
Philharmonia of the Nations
with Jan Nakamatsu, gifted pianist. He was the 1997 Gold Medalist in the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition.
Nakamatsu will perform at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Coronado PAC, 314 N. Main St. Bernard Holland of The New York Times said,
This young American pianist has stunning technical control and can do anything at the piano he wants.
This performance is being presented by the Rockford Coronado Concert Association. Tickets are $40 adults, $15 students. Call the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or go online at www.coronadopac.org.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue