- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Reiki Energy International to host Health Fair July 10
From press release
Reiki Energy International will host its inaugural REI Health Fair & Expo from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 10, at the Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center.
The REI Health Fair & Expo event will feature health-conscious sponsors and vendors showcasing health benefits, services and products to the community in a free-to-the-public setting. The fair will include products and information from local and national businesses and is designed to build a more health-conscious community. The fair will be held in a 10,080-square-foot conference facility while symposiums and lectures will be held in a separate meeting room throughout the day.
Reiki Energy International is seeking sponsors to help present its first regional health fair. There will be 40 to 45 vendors for the event. In-kind sponsors already secured for the health fair and expo include the four Nutrition Works health care stores in the Rock River Valley and The Rock River Times newspaper. There are no paid sponsors at this time. Other participating agencies include the Rockford Health Council. Numerous vendors and speakers have already been secured. Booth prices are $15 for nonprofits, $25 for businesses and $35 for product sales booths.
The banquet room at Clock Tower can accommodate hundreds of people. The seminars will hold approximately 25 people, and pre-registration will be offered. Four one-hour seminars will be held during the day at no charge. Topics include
Childhood Nutrition Tips,
Parental Stress Relief,
Prevention and Supplements
Reiki in a Clinical Setting.
REI operates entirely with volunteers who will work the event as well as operating booths giving demonstrations. Volunteers also will assist in booth sales and promotion. The organization also will help provide speakers and secure other speakers for the event. Many volunteer speakers have committed to this event. REI volunteers will also gather survey information. Raffle tickets given at the door will be numbered to keep count of attendance.
There are no major health fairs in Rockford at this time. This event would provide a platform for clinical and complementary medicine as well as health care outlets along with products and services that currently are available in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
Sponsors will be mentioned in press releases and other event materials as a grant donor and will be acknowledged in TV interviews as well as at the event through program mentions and verbal PA mentions. The Rockford Health Council will be an interagency sponsor.
Reiki Energy International is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including the distribution of energy healing services to individuals and organizations. The primary goal is to encourage greater awareness of Reiki energy work throughout the local and surrounding areas. Membership is open to documented Reiki providers throughout the world. REI promotes the education and awareness of Reiki through a not-for-profit structure. REI also serves as a certification agent for Reiki degrees and lineages.
REI was certified in July 2009 as exempt under Section 509 (a)(2) Public Charity status of the Internal Revenue Code. Current members include Reiki Masters and Reiki practitioners in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin areas as well as from other areas in the U.S. and the world. Prospective members must hold a Reiki certificate and be able to demonstrate their ability and knowledge at each degree held.
Reiki sessions are held the first Thursday of the month from 6 to 8:30 p.m. and are open to the public. Members-only meetings/sessions are held the third Thursday of the month from 6 to 8:30 p.m. All sessions are held at the Community of Christ Church, 6103 Forest Hills Road, Rockford.
The group also takes part in Reiki Shares at Rock Valley College on Wednesdays at the Bell Campus from 6 to 8:30 p.m. during the spring, summer and fall semesters.
The REI Health Fair & Expo has three primary goals:
1. To create an awareness of current health-care products and services to residents of northern Illinois.
2. To create an awareness of energy healing and other complementary medicine techniques as they relate in a clinical health setting in the Rockford area.
3. To provide the northern Illinois area with a health fair that not only features local vendors but also provides free seminars to deal with current life health issues for all residents of northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
All contracts have been signed, and REI is under a blanket insurance policy for the health fair as well as every activity it participates in.
Up to 40 REI volunteers will be used at the REI Health Fair & Expo and will provide free Reiki treatments. There are no paid members of REI. For more information about REI, visit www.reikienergyinternational.com.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.