- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Roscoe Pizza Ranch to host Beloit Regional Hospice
From press release
ROSCOE, Ill.—In a unique partnership, the Roscoe Pizza Ranch restaurant and Beloit Regional Hospice (BRH) will come together for an evening of great food and fun. BRH staff and volunteers will be busing tables for tips at the restaurant, 4749 Bluestem Road, Roscoe, Ill., from 5-8 p.m., Monday, Feb. 8. This is an effort to raise funds for the hospice agency, and 10 percent of all dine-in orders will also be donated to Beloit Regional Hospice.
I’ve seen other organizations on the Pizza Ranch marquee and decided that we needed to see Beloit Regional Hospice up there. Our staff visits patients in this area, and we are involved in the community,
said Beth Edwards, the BRH staff member who made the arrangements with Pizza Ranch.
Raising a little bit of money wouldn’t be bad, either!
quipped Edwards. This is the first time BRH has partnered with Pizza Ranch for a special fund-raiser.
Beloit Regional Hospice provides care for terminally-ill patients and support for their families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. The nonprofit organization’s mission is,
To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible.
The hospice team is committed to helping patients choose the end-of-life care they want and need. The team includes nurses, certified nursing assistants, physicians, social workers, grief support staff and volunteers, as well as administrative and clerical staff. Visit their Web site at www.beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.