- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Roscoe Pizza Ranch to host Beloit Regional Hospice
From press release
ROSCOE, Ill.—In a unique partnership, the Roscoe Pizza Ranch restaurant and Beloit Regional Hospice (BRH) will come together for an evening of great food and fun. BRH staff and volunteers will be busing tables for tips at the restaurant, 4749 Bluestem Road, Roscoe, Ill., from 5-8 p.m., Monday, Feb. 8. This is an effort to raise funds for the hospice agency, and 10 percent of all dine-in orders will also be donated to Beloit Regional Hospice.
I’ve seen other organizations on the Pizza Ranch marquee and decided that we needed to see Beloit Regional Hospice up there. Our staff visits patients in this area, and we are involved in the community,
said Beth Edwards, the BRH staff member who made the arrangements with Pizza Ranch.
Raising a little bit of money wouldn’t be bad, either!
quipped Edwards. This is the first time BRH has partnered with Pizza Ranch for a special fund-raiser.
Beloit Regional Hospice provides care for terminally-ill patients and support for their families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. The nonprofit organization’s mission is,
To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible.
The hospice team is committed to helping patients choose the end-of-life care they want and need. The team includes nurses, certified nursing assistants, physicians, social workers, grief support staff and volunteers, as well as administrative and clerical staff. Visit their Web site at www.beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.