- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: I could spit tacks
In a previous letter to the editor, I had said that the fat cats of the MetroCentre need to take pay cuts. Twice, the Metro Authorities have been given loans from our city coffers. And now our city planners are planning to co-sign for another $2.5 million! But what’s so wrong with this? Plenty, because our so-called city leaders are acting as if it were their own money. And it wasn’t the taxpayers’ fault that these supposed leaders are misappropriating what was once put into trust. Then, our mayor and city council members (yes people) are expecting everyone to make many sacrifices in public services (budget cuts). But these erratic expenditures are only excuses for their own wants and desires!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.