- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Winnebago County Health Department holds free H1N1 clinic at Machesney Park Village Hall
From press release
The Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) is offering a free, walk-in H1N1 vaccination clinic from noon to 3 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5, at Machesney Park Village Hall, 300 Machesney Road. All forms of the vaccine, including the nasal spray, will be available.
We are pleased to bring the walk-in clinic to this area of the county and hope that many area residents take advantage of this opportunity to get the H1N1 flu shot,
said Mayor Tom Strickland.
The Health Department has compiled some tips for residents attending H1N1 vaccination clinics:
υ Prepare to expose the uppermost part of your arm, near the shoulder.
υ Vaccinations are free of charge, and Medicare cards are not required.
υ When bringing a child for their booster, if possible, bring their vaccination card with the previous dosage information. The second dose cannot be given less than 21 days after the first.
υ People with allergies to eggs should not receive the vaccine.
υ Clinics serve hundreds of people, and the staff does their best to get everyone in and out in a timely manner.
υ Allow at least 15 minutes for your visit; middle to late clinic slots usually have less wait times.
For general information, including information about H1N1 and future clinic dates, call the WCHD at (815) 720-4000 or visit the Web site at www.wchd.org. For seasonal flu shot information, call (815) 720-4264.
For more information, call Sue Fuller, WCHD Public Information officer, (815) 720-4213, or Karen Lemmons, Community Development director, Village of Machesney Park, at (815) 877-5432.
From the Feb. 3-9, 2010 issue.