Fireside stages Those Fabulous ’50s & ’60s through March 7
From press release
FORT ATKINSON, Wis.—The Fireside Dinner Theatre, the Midwest’s premiere professional musical theater and fine dining destination, kicks off its 2010 season with Those Fabulous ’50s & ’60s, a musical revue featuring a live band onstage and the great hits of the 1950s and the 1960s. The show runs through March 7.
Every show comes with a fine dining experience, access to several boutique shops right at The Fireside, and free and convenient parking. For information about showtimes, menus and tickets, or to reserve seats, call 800-477-9505 or visit www.firesidetheatre.com.
Those Fabulous ’50s & ’60s was conceived and directed by Ed Flesch, The Fireside’s artistic director.
“Our spectacular 1950s live band shows have received such overwhelming response and demand from audiences for more that we decided to extend our musical journey into the 1960s,” said Flesch. “The ’60s was one of the most creative periods in our nation’s history. The range of music and what it means to generations of Americans is powerful.”
Those Fabulous ’50s & ’60s features a cast of professional singers and dancers hailing from New York, Los Angeles, and around the country. However, the centerpiece of the show is a seven-piece band composed of some of the area’s finest musicians.
Season tickets are still available for the entire Fireside Theatre 2010 season, including the following:
• Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: March 11-May 2—From the creators of Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tells the biblical story of Joseph and his brothers through a variety of sparkling, colorful musical styles, from pop/rock to country to musical comedy.
• Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella: May 6-June 27—The Fireside will premiere the live stage adaptation of the first television musical comedy by Broadway’s greatest composing team. Young and old will be dazzled by the magic of this beloved fairy tale brought to life in a full, gorgeous production.
• Ring of Fire: July 8-Aug. 29—This musical tribute to icon Johnny Cash—the man in black and his music—makes its Fireside debut. Fresh from a successful Broadway run, Ring of Fire features a cast of talented singer/musicians and more than 40 of his great hits, including “Walk the Line,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “Jackson,” and of course, “Ring of Fire.”
• A Broadway musical hit to be announced in March: Sept. 2-Oct. 31—The Fireside will be the first professional theater in the area to premiere a show so new, so in demand that it cannot be revealed until March 15. This award-winning musical comedy of stage and screen recently ended its successful Broadway run.
• A Fireside Christmas featuring “The Child”: Nov. 4-Dec. 23—A Fireside Christmas is back by popular demand, with all the songs, dances, pageantry and memories that have made it a holiday tradition. This year, the second act will feature The Child, an original Christmas musical by the team behind The Rock and the Rabbi, telling the story of the first Christmas through the eyes of Joseph.
Since 1964, The Fireside Dinner Theatre in Fort Atkinson, Wis., has been the premiere entertainment destination in the Midwest for superb musicals featuring Broadway performers, fine dining, and boutique shops in a one-of-a-kind setting. Consistently named as a top destination for travel tours across the United States, The Fireside is owned by the Klopcic family, who were awarded the distinction of “America’s Best Restaurant Family” by Jones Dairy Farm and the Culinary Institute of America in 2006. For more information about The Fireside, visit firesidetheatre.com, or call 1-800-477-9505.
Print This Article