- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Hearts for Haiti benefit concert Feb. 14
From press release
Hearts for Haiti, a concert to benefit relief efforts in Haiti, will be held at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., in Rockfordís Haight Village. Featured performers include Gregory Gyllsdorff, organist at First Lutheran; the Westminster Presbyterian Church Choir; Second Congregational Church’s Martin Ringers; Pastor Jane McChesney, flute; Jennie Saltzgiver, violin; and Paul Saltzgiver, trumpet, with accompanist Michael McCabe, composer of the trumpet piece. A free-will offering will be received, and the Rockford Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host a reception following the concert. All funds received will go directly to Haitian relief.
For more information, contact Gregory Gyllsdorff at First Lutheran Church, at (815) 962-6691.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue