- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Hearts for Haiti benefit concert Feb. 14
From press release
Hearts for Haiti, a concert to benefit relief efforts in Haiti, will be held at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., in Rockfordís Haight Village. Featured performers include Gregory Gyllsdorff, organist at First Lutheran; the Westminster Presbyterian Church Choir; Second Congregational Church’s Martin Ringers; Pastor Jane McChesney, flute; Jennie Saltzgiver, violin; and Paul Saltzgiver, trumpet, with accompanist Michael McCabe, composer of the trumpet piece. A free-will offering will be received, and the Rockford Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host a reception following the concert. All funds received will go directly to Haitian relief.
For more information, contact Gregory Gyllsdorff at First Lutheran Church, at (815) 962-6691.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue