- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Hearts for Haiti benefit concert Feb. 14
From press release
Hearts for Haiti, a concert to benefit relief efforts in Haiti, will be held at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., in Rockfordís Haight Village. Featured performers include Gregory Gyllsdorff, organist at First Lutheran; the Westminster Presbyterian Church Choir; Second Congregational Church’s Martin Ringers; Pastor Jane McChesney, flute; Jennie Saltzgiver, violin; and Paul Saltzgiver, trumpet, with accompanist Michael McCabe, composer of the trumpet piece. A free-will offering will be received, and the Rockford Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host a reception following the concert. All funds received will go directly to Haitian relief.
For more information, contact Gregory Gyllsdorff at First Lutheran Church, at (815) 962-6691.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue