- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Hearts for Haiti benefit concert Feb. 14
From press release
Hearts for Haiti, a concert to benefit relief efforts in Haiti, will be held at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., in Rockfordís Haight Village. Featured performers include Gregory Gyllsdorff, organist at First Lutheran; the Westminster Presbyterian Church Choir; Second Congregational Church’s Martin Ringers; Pastor Jane McChesney, flute; Jennie Saltzgiver, violin; and Paul Saltzgiver, trumpet, with accompanist Michael McCabe, composer of the trumpet piece. A free-will offering will be received, and the Rockford Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host a reception following the concert. All funds received will go directly to Haitian relief.
For more information, contact Gregory Gyllsdorff at First Lutheran Church, at (815) 962-6691.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue