- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Hearts for Haiti benefit concert Feb. 14
From press release
Hearts for Haiti, a concert to benefit relief efforts in Haiti, will be held at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., in Rockfordís Haight Village. Featured performers include Gregory Gyllsdorff, organist at First Lutheran; the Westminster Presbyterian Church Choir; Second Congregational Church’s Martin Ringers; Pastor Jane McChesney, flute; Jennie Saltzgiver, violin; and Paul Saltzgiver, trumpet, with accompanist Michael McCabe, composer of the trumpet piece. A free-will offering will be received, and the Rockford Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host a reception following the concert. All funds received will go directly to Haitian relief.
For more information, contact Gregory Gyllsdorff at First Lutheran Church, at (815) 962-6691.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue