This week in The Times: Chelsea Timmons
Vitals: Chelsea Timmons, 21, is originally from Portland, Ore., but moved to Rochelle with her parents when she was 10. Timmons was home-schooled before entering the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where she is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in finance. In her free time, Timmons enjoys reading and spending time outdoors.
1. If you could choose any elected official – local, state or national – to speak with one-on-one, who would it be and what would you say? Personally, Iíd like to speak with Sarah Palin. I want to ask her how she feels she makes other female politicians look. I feel like she is setting female politicians back with some of her words and actions, but Iíd love to hear her words about how sheís doing.
2. If you were to move away from the Rock River Valley, what three things would you miss the most? I’d miss my family, the parks and Five Forks Restaurant.
3. What, if anything, have you done to help support relief efforts in Haiti? I donated clothing and have been helping pack meals through my church. The church plans on sending several thousand prepackaged meals over to Haiti to help feed the hungry.
4. With spring just around the corner, how do you plan on dealing with the last weeks of winter? The last few weeks are typically the worst for me. It feels like spring is so close, but there is still snow on the ground, and it’s freezing out most days. I try to focus on just getting the last weeks over and done with, because I know spring will eventually come.
5. Question from last week’s “This week in The Times“ participant, Eric Malone: In your mind, what is the most frustrating part of filing your income taxes? I only work part time because I go to school full time, which makes my income taxes pretty easy to do. I usually file them online. It really isn’t that complicated or frustrating to me.
“This week in The Times” is a weekly survey of people selected by The Rock River Times staff. The column does not accept unsolicited submissions.
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010, issue