- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
To the Editor: Global warming is a theory, not a fact
May I correct a statement made by the Vogls in their article titled ìCopenhagen: What is the outcome?î (Dec. 30, 2009-Jan. 5, 2010 issue). They state, ìSince 1988, [James] Hansen has informed politicians about the causes of climate change…î James Hansen, a NASA employee, did no such thing. He merely presented his theory that increasing levels of carbon dioxide is the prime driver of ìClimate Changeî (previously known as Global Warming). Also, I am still waiting for the Vogls to inform us of the recorded levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 1909, and reported levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 2009.
William J. Lee
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue