- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Global warming is a theory, not a fact
May I correct a statement made by the Vogls in their article titled ìCopenhagen: What is the outcome?î (Dec. 30, 2009-Jan. 5, 2010 issue). They state, ìSince 1988, [James] Hansen has informed politicians about the causes of climate change…î James Hansen, a NASA employee, did no such thing. He merely presented his theory that increasing levels of carbon dioxide is the prime driver of ìClimate Changeî (previously known as Global Warming). Also, I am still waiting for the Vogls to inform us of the recorded levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 1909, and reported levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 2009.
William J. Lee
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue