- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Global warming is a theory, not a fact
May I correct a statement made by the Vogls in their article titled ìCopenhagen: What is the outcome?î (Dec. 30, 2009-Jan. 5, 2010 issue). They state, ìSince 1988, [James] Hansen has informed politicians about the causes of climate change…î James Hansen, a NASA employee, did no such thing. He merely presented his theory that increasing levels of carbon dioxide is the prime driver of ìClimate Changeî (previously known as Global Warming). Also, I am still waiting for the Vogls to inform us of the recorded levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 1909, and reported levels of CO2 and average global temperature for the year 2009.
William J. Lee
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue