- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Thanks to Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding toy drive
Jefferson for holding toy drive I am writing to thank Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding a toy drive in December. He said that he was holding it because the holidays are about caring for your neighbor, and caring about those who are less fortunate than others. I agree with him, and I want to thank him for leading by example, and showing us to be generous and considerate toward young children whose families are struggling financially. I hope that each child was happy with their toys, and I hope that each family had a better holiday season! Thank you, Rep. Jefferson, for doing something positive for our community!
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue