- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Thanks to Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding toy drive
Jefferson for holding toy drive I am writing to thank Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding a toy drive in December. He said that he was holding it because the holidays are about caring for your neighbor, and caring about those who are less fortunate than others. I agree with him, and I want to thank him for leading by example, and showing us to be generous and considerate toward young children whose families are struggling financially. I hope that each child was happy with their toys, and I hope that each family had a better holiday season! Thank you, Rep. Jefferson, for doing something positive for our community!
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue