- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
To the Editor: Thanks to Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding toy drive
Jefferson for holding toy drive I am writing to thank Rep. Chuck Jefferson for holding a toy drive in December. He said that he was holding it because the holidays are about caring for your neighbor, and caring about those who are less fortunate than others. I agree with him, and I want to thank him for leading by example, and showing us to be generous and considerate toward young children whose families are struggling financially. I hope that each child was happy with their toys, and I hope that each family had a better holiday season! Thank you, Rep. Jefferson, for doing something positive for our community!
From the Feb. 10-16, 2010 issue