- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 17-23, 2010
Devan Pritchett of Rockford was recently elected vice president of administration for Pi Sigma Epsilon (PSE) at Illinois State University (ISU). Pritchett is a junior at ISU, where she is majoring in organizational leadership. She is a Boylan Catholic High School graduate and also the co-founder of the Tennis Club. PSE is a co-ed national business fraternity that focuses on sales and marketing, while also helping its members balance social activities along with the importance of academics. … Clare Tolliver of Rockford recently won a new Dell laptop compliments of Riverside Community Bank for going “green,” and signing up for paperless eStatements. All customers who signed up for eStatements were given a chance to win a laptop, which was valued at $800. Tolliver, and all the other customers who signed up for eStatements, are saving countless reams of paper from going into area landfills. … For the 10th consecutive year, Keith Country Day School’s scholastic team captured first place in its division at the World Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) regional competition, hosted at Rock Valley College. The team attained a perfect score of 500 and also garnered 14 individual medals. Designed as an academic challenge and administered by WYSE officials, the regional, sectional and state competitions are a series of tests created for the brightest high school students in Illinois and Missouri. This year’s competition saw five different Keith students place first individually in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, math and physics.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue