- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
High school bands needed for 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam auditions
From press release
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) wants teen-aged high school students from Winnebago, Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and Rock counties to audition for the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, Feb. 27.
At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger, and a high school student in one of the designated counties. The top seven bands will perform at the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 27.
Both events will be at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
First-place winner will receive $250, recording time donated by Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 19th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony Thursday, April 29.
Second-place winner will receive $200, and the third-place winner $150. The band selling the most tickets to the Youth Charity Jam will receive $100.
Proceeds from this event will be applied to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. A graduating senior from Boone or Winnebago county who has a GPA of at least 2.5, with plans to pursue a degree in music performance, education or composition, and is actively involved in school or community musical groups, must be nominated by a music teacher.
For an application to the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam, go to www.ramiawards.com. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (815) 847-8228.
For information about the Gary W. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship, contact the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois at (815) 962-2110.
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue