- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Make a difference!
The Mildred Berry Center’s Compeer mentoring program is in need of volunteers who are able to spend a minimum of four hours a month with a child who is currently receiving counseling services for mental health problems. Volunteers will serve as positive role models and friends, which will help the children overcome the devastating effects of mental illness, such as loneliness and isolation. For more information about the program, or to volunteer, please contact the Compeer Coordinator at (815) 670-0776 or e-mail her at Apenney@janetwattles.org.
Amanda June Penney
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue