- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Make a difference!
The Mildred Berry Center’s Compeer mentoring program is in need of volunteers who are able to spend a minimum of four hours a month with a child who is currently receiving counseling services for mental health problems. Volunteers will serve as positive role models and friends, which will help the children overcome the devastating effects of mental illness, such as loneliness and isolation. For more information about the program, or to volunteer, please contact the Compeer Coordinator at (815) 670-0776 or e-mail her at Apenney@janetwattles.org.
Amanda June Penney
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue