- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
To the Editor: Make a difference!
The Mildred Berry Center’s Compeer mentoring program is in need of volunteers who are able to spend a minimum of four hours a month with a child who is currently receiving counseling services for mental health problems. Volunteers will serve as positive role models and friends, which will help the children overcome the devastating effects of mental illness, such as loneliness and isolation. For more information about the program, or to volunteer, please contact the Compeer Coordinator at (815) 670-0776 or e-mail her at Apenney@janetwattles.org.
Amanda June Penney
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue