- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Make a difference!
The Mildred Berry Center’s Compeer mentoring program is in need of volunteers who are able to spend a minimum of four hours a month with a child who is currently receiving counseling services for mental health problems. Volunteers will serve as positive role models and friends, which will help the children overcome the devastating effects of mental illness, such as loneliness and isolation. For more information about the program, or to volunteer, please contact the Compeer Coordinator at (815) 670-0776 or e-mail her at Apenney@janetwattles.org.
Amanda June Penney
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue