- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
To the Editor: Thanks to participants in Township Toys for Kids
Let me express my appreciation to all of the individuals who made the eighth year of Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success. This was a record year with over 250 children from 118 families receiving toys. Special thanks must go to the students, staff and administrators of the Harlem School District. Without their participation, this program could not exist.
Because of all parties’ participation, many needy children in the Harlem Township and Harlem School District were ensured a bright Christmas.
Thank you to all who participated.
Julie A. Aurand
Coordinator of the Harlem Township Toys for Kids
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue