- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Thanks to participants in Township Toys for Kids
Let me express my appreciation to all of the individuals who made the eighth year of Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success. This was a record year with over 250 children from 118 families receiving toys. Special thanks must go to the students, staff and administrators of the Harlem School District. Without their participation, this program could not exist.
Because of all parties’ participation, many needy children in the Harlem Township and Harlem School District were ensured a bright Christmas.
Thank you to all who participated.
Julie A. Aurand
Coordinator of the Harlem Township Toys for Kids
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue