- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Thanks to participants in Township Toys for Kids
Let me express my appreciation to all of the individuals who made the eighth year of Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success. This was a record year with over 250 children from 118 families receiving toys. Special thanks must go to the students, staff and administrators of the Harlem School District. Without their participation, this program could not exist.
Because of all parties’ participation, many needy children in the Harlem Township and Harlem School District were ensured a bright Christmas.
Thank you to all who participated.
Julie A. Aurand
Coordinator of the Harlem Township Toys for Kids
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue