- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
To the Editor: Thanks to participants in Township Toys for Kids
Let me express my appreciation to all of the individuals who made the eighth year of Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success. This was a record year with over 250 children from 118 families receiving toys. Special thanks must go to the students, staff and administrators of the Harlem School District. Without their participation, this program could not exist.
Because of all parties’ participation, many needy children in the Harlem Township and Harlem School District were ensured a bright Christmas.
Thank you to all who participated.
Julie A. Aurand
Coordinator of the Harlem Township Toys for Kids
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue