- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
To the Editor: Thanks to Rep. Jefferson Bipartisan Job Creation Task Force hearing
I would like to thank state Rep. Chuck Jefferson for bringing the Illinois House of Representatives Bipartisan Job Creation Task Force to Rockford. The hearing was a productive way for local officials, economic leaders, and citizens to communicate with our lawmakers on specific job creation ideas that could be translated into laws or state statutes. By hosting the meeting, Rep. Jefferson showed great leadership and commitment to improving our economy. I encourage the state to continue holding these meetings, so that we can work together to find solutions for businesses to expand and for jobs to be created. Thanks again to Rep. Jefferson for hosting, and for all other lawmakers who attended and listened to our concerns.
Rockford Certified Staffing Professional Workplace, Inc.
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue