- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
To the Editor: Thanks to Rep. Jefferson Bipartisan Job Creation Task Force hearing
I would like to thank state Rep. Chuck Jefferson for bringing the Illinois House of Representatives Bipartisan Job Creation Task Force to Rockford. The hearing was a productive way for local officials, economic leaders, and citizens to communicate with our lawmakers on specific job creation ideas that could be translated into laws or state statutes. By hosting the meeting, Rep. Jefferson showed great leadership and commitment to improving our economy. I encourage the state to continue holding these meetings, so that we can work together to find solutions for businesses to expand and for jobs to be created. Thanks again to Rep. Jefferson for hosting, and for all other lawmakers who attended and listened to our concerns.
Rockford Certified Staffing Professional Workplace, Inc.
From the Feb. 17-23, 2010 issue