- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010
Community news and notes
David Cyrs, owner of Cyrs Wealth Advisors, completed his certification renewal as granted by the Certified Financial Planner Board. Cyrs is a member of the Fusion Advisor Network and registered representative of NFP Securities Inc. Cyrs Wealth Advisors has headquarters in Rockford and specializes in wealth management and retirement planning. … Keith Country Day School’s Raenn Jurgens was recently selected as a 2010 Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA) award recipient for Teacher Recognition. Jurgens has been described as a role model for pupils, and is the middle and upper school Mathematics Department chairman. This IMSA award is given annually by the academy in recognition of educators who challenged, inspired and supported their students’ academic and personal growth prior to their enrollment at IMSA. … Steven R. Anderson was promoted to president of the A.W. Anderson Agency Inc., an independent insurance agency in Loves Park. He has been with the agency since 1980.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue