- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Rockford College to stage A Midsummer Night’s Dream Feb. 25-28
From press release
The play A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare will be performed Feb. 25-28 at Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre, with performances Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
Directed by Rockford College performing arts professor Deb Mogford, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a romantic comedy that portrays the adventures of four young Athenian lovers and a group of amateur actors, their interactions with the Duke of Athens, Theseus, the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta, and with the fairies who inhabit a moonlit forest. The play is one of Shakespeare’s most popular works for the stage, and is widely performed across the world.
Tickets are $10 general admission; $7 for students and seniors. For more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100 or see www.rockford.edu/?page=TheatreSeason.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue