- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Rockford College to stage A Midsummer Night’s Dream Feb. 25-28
From press release
The play A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare will be performed Feb. 25-28 at Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre, with performances Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
Directed by Rockford College performing arts professor Deb Mogford, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a romantic comedy that portrays the adventures of four young Athenian lovers and a group of amateur actors, their interactions with the Duke of Athens, Theseus, the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta, and with the fairies who inhabit a moonlit forest. The play is one of Shakespeare’s most popular works for the stage, and is widely performed across the world.
Tickets are $10 general admission; $7 for students and seniors. For more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100 or see www.rockford.edu/?page=TheatreSeason.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue