- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
To the Editor: Thanks for Tea Party notice
I thank The Rock River Times for publishing notice of the Tea Party Town Hall event held Saturday, Feb. 20, at Stockholm Inn. Americans are beginning to realize the deep trouble we are in. All this talk on financial networks about “green shoots” rising (economic growth) is so much nonsense. The national debt at Obama’s inauguration was $10.6 trillion. On Feb. 10 of 2010, it is $12.4 trillion (www.theobamadebt.com). It is expected to double by 2012 and TRIPLE by 2019. I suggest you Google “when debt exceeds GDP” (Gross Domestic Product) to see what fun awaits us. The debt is projected to do so in 2011 by Treasury Secretary Geithner.
Burying your head in the sand (the tactic of ostriches, faced with predators) may provide a little cover, but it won’t protect you from the coming storm. If you’d like to learn more about what we can do, come to a Thursday, Feb. 25 meeting of the Northern Illinois Tea Party, Roscoe, at Sophia’s Restaurant on Bridge Street at 6:30 p.m. Or e-mail me for information about upcoming Rockford and Lena, Ill. meetings (N.IL.TeaParty@gmail.com). Tea Party is not about disgruntled racists lashing out for their problems. It’s about our children’s futures.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue