- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: Thanks for Tea Party notice
I thank The Rock River Times for publishing notice of the Tea Party Town Hall event held Saturday, Feb. 20, at Stockholm Inn. Americans are beginning to realize the deep trouble we are in. All this talk on financial networks about “green shoots” rising (economic growth) is so much nonsense. The national debt at Obama’s inauguration was $10.6 trillion. On Feb. 10 of 2010, it is $12.4 trillion (www.theobamadebt.com). It is expected to double by 2012 and TRIPLE by 2019. I suggest you Google “when debt exceeds GDP” (Gross Domestic Product) to see what fun awaits us. The debt is projected to do so in 2011 by Treasury Secretary Geithner.
Burying your head in the sand (the tactic of ostriches, faced with predators) may provide a little cover, but it won’t protect you from the coming storm. If you’d like to learn more about what we can do, come to a Thursday, Feb. 25 meeting of the Northern Illinois Tea Party, Roscoe, at Sophia’s Restaurant on Bridge Street at 6:30 p.m. Or e-mail me for information about upcoming Rockford and Lena, Ill. meetings (N.IL.TeaParty@gmail.com). Tea Party is not about disgruntled racists lashing out for their problems. It’s about our children’s futures.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue