- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
To the Editor: Thanks for Tea Party notice
I thank The Rock River Times for publishing notice of the Tea Party Town Hall event held Saturday, Feb. 20, at Stockholm Inn. Americans are beginning to realize the deep trouble we are in. All this talk on financial networks about “green shoots” rising (economic growth) is so much nonsense. The national debt at Obama’s inauguration was $10.6 trillion. On Feb. 10 of 2010, it is $12.4 trillion (www.theobamadebt.com). It is expected to double by 2012 and TRIPLE by 2019. I suggest you Google “when debt exceeds GDP” (Gross Domestic Product) to see what fun awaits us. The debt is projected to do so in 2011 by Treasury Secretary Geithner.
Burying your head in the sand (the tactic of ostriches, faced with predators) may provide a little cover, but it won’t protect you from the coming storm. If you’d like to learn more about what we can do, come to a Thursday, Feb. 25 meeting of the Northern Illinois Tea Party, Roscoe, at Sophia’s Restaurant on Bridge Street at 6:30 p.m. Or e-mail me for information about upcoming Rockford and Lena, Ill. meetings (N.IL.TeaParty@gmail.com). Tea Party is not about disgruntled racists lashing out for their problems. It’s about our children’s futures.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 2, 2010 issue