- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 27 at Tebala Shrine Temple
From press release
Thirteen teen-aged bands will be auditioning for one of the seven spots at the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road.
Bands auditioning are 2KL, Alanas Mark, Bloom, Circleswift, Coffee, Fuzz and the Classic Look, Desolation Row, Escape, Fighting for the Fallen, Hope Despite, Say it with Love, Taxi Grieta, The Audio Horizon and Village Idiot.
Band members attend high schools in Winnebago, Ogle, Boone, Stephenson and Rock counties. Judging will be done by musicians from the Rockford community and members of In Youth We Trust, a youth leadership program of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
All proceeds will be applied to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
Auditions start at noon and are open to the public. Admission charge is $3, and children younger than 5 are free.
During the event, food and beverages will be available for purchase. For more information, call RAMI at (815) 847-8228 or e-mail email@example.com.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 3, 2010 issue