- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 27 at Tebala Shrine Temple
From press release
Thirteen teen-aged bands will be auditioning for one of the seven spots at the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road.
Bands auditioning are 2KL, Alanas Mark, Bloom, Circleswift, Coffee, Fuzz and the Classic Look, Desolation Row, Escape, Fighting for the Fallen, Hope Despite, Say it with Love, Taxi Grieta, The Audio Horizon and Village Idiot.
Band members attend high schools in Winnebago, Ogle, Boone, Stephenson and Rock counties. Judging will be done by musicians from the Rockford community and members of In Youth We Trust, a youth leadership program of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
All proceeds will be applied to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
Auditions start at noon and are open to the public. Admission charge is $3, and children younger than 5 are free.
During the event, food and beverages will be available for purchase. For more information, call RAMI at (815) 847-8228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 3, 2010 issue