- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 27 at Tebala Shrine Temple
From press release
Thirteen teen-aged bands will be auditioning for one of the seven spots at the 2010 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road.
Bands auditioning are 2KL, Alanas Mark, Bloom, Circleswift, Coffee, Fuzz and the Classic Look, Desolation Row, Escape, Fighting for the Fallen, Hope Despite, Say it with Love, Taxi Grieta, The Audio Horizon and Village Idiot.
Band members attend high schools in Winnebago, Ogle, Boone, Stephenson and Rock counties. Judging will be done by musicians from the Rockford community and members of In Youth We Trust, a youth leadership program of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
All proceeds will be applied to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
Auditions start at noon and are open to the public. Admission charge is $3, and children younger than 5 are free.
During the event, food and beverages will be available for purchase. For more information, call RAMI at (815) 847-8228 or e-mail email@example.com.
From the Feb. 24-Mar. 3, 2010 issue