- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Community News and Notes: Week of Feb. 3-9, 2010
Dr. Matthew Mundwiler recently joined Rockford Orthopedic Associates, where he will provide evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders for children and adults. He has a special interest in osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis. Rockford Orthopedic serves the northern Illinois region in multispecialty orthopedics and offers a full range of orthopedic care, including the specialties of podiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and rheumatology, plus the ancillary services of physical and occupational therapy. … Eric Voyles, vice president of national business development for the Rockford Area Economic Development Council, joined the board of advisers of the Supplier Excellence Alliance. He will help promote the acceleration of supply-chain performance in the Rockford-area aerospace cluster. Members of the SEA board of advisers are aerospace and defense industry leaders who contribute to SEA’s direction and strategies and provide input about performance issues in the aerospace and defense supply chains. Voyles will be developing a special breed of small- and mid-sized aerospace and defense production suppliers that perform at the highest levels and collaborate to produce integrated supply-chain solutions. … Kathy Panozzo was recently named January employee of the month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. She is an automotive coordinator in the automotive operations department. She was nominated by co-workers and customers for her hard work, pleasant demeanor and ability to find alternative solutions.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue