- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Community News and Notes: Week of Feb. 3-9, 2010
Dr. Matthew Mundwiler recently joined Rockford Orthopedic Associates, where he will provide evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders for children and adults. He has a special interest in osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis. Rockford Orthopedic serves the northern Illinois region in multispecialty orthopedics and offers a full range of orthopedic care, including the specialties of podiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and rheumatology, plus the ancillary services of physical and occupational therapy. … Eric Voyles, vice president of national business development for the Rockford Area Economic Development Council, joined the board of advisers of the Supplier Excellence Alliance. He will help promote the acceleration of supply-chain performance in the Rockford-area aerospace cluster. Members of the SEA board of advisers are aerospace and defense industry leaders who contribute to SEA’s direction and strategies and provide input about performance issues in the aerospace and defense supply chains. Voyles will be developing a special breed of small- and mid-sized aerospace and defense production suppliers that perform at the highest levels and collaborate to produce integrated supply-chain solutions. … Kathy Panozzo was recently named January employee of the month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. She is an automotive coordinator in the automotive operations department. She was nominated by co-workers and customers for her hard work, pleasant demeanor and ability to find alternative solutions.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue