- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Greater Rockford Area Doll Show in Oregon, Ill., March 7
From press release
Doll collecting is a hobby that reminisces one’s childhood past, with the person’s favorite doll. It combines research, restoration and art appreciation, for the unique, delicate and valuable treasures that are dolls.
The Rockford Doll Club is a source for friendship with those appreciating dolls. Meetings are informative and include demonstrations. They schedule places to go as a club: conventions, doll shows and road trips planned throughout the year. The meetings conclude with socializing and food.
The club meets at Crash 1 Collision Center’s community room, 4141 Morsay Drive in Rockford. To find the club, go one block west of Alpine, one block north of East State Street on the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. Annual dues are only $20. You may visit the club twice before joining.
One aspect of doll collecting is visiting area doll shops and attending doll shows. Area shops are All Dolled Up in Rockford and JoAnn’s Dolls in Byron. The doll shows provide the collectors with a shopping opportunity to find a particular doll, or to purchase doll supplies. One such show is coming up in March.
Sunday, March 7, is the Greater Rockford Area Doll Show, held in Oregon, Ill., at the historic Coliseum Building, 124 N. Fourth St. Dealers will be set up from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Food is on site, and there is a handicap-accessible elevator with attendant. Admission is $3 adults, $1 children. Here you will see all kinds of dolls for sale as well as doll accessories.
One trip to a doll show will get you hooked! Come and enjoy a day out and meet some new friends. For more information, call JoAnn’s Doll Shop, (815) 234-8332, in Byron, Ill.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue