- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Hernandez, Martinez children from Rockford now missing five years
From press release
ALEXANDRIA, Va.—As part of its ongoing search, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is again asking for the public’s help to locate Ivanny, Karla, Yaima Hernandez and Yaqueline Martinez, who became missing Feb. 17, 2005. This marks the fifth anniversary of their disappearance.
Ivanny, then 4 years old; Karla, then 9; Yaima, then 2; and Yaqueline, then 6, are Hispanic children who were allegedly abducted by their mother, Maria Rosas. A felony warrant is on file for the companion. All four children have black hair and black eyes.
The public is urged to call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678) with any information they have concerning the disappearance or current whereabouts of the children. Calls are kept confidential and may be made anonymously.
A poster of the missing children is available at http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1-009919&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue