- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Please help with food and clothing collection for South Dakota reservation
From press release
After a very severe winter, in a continuing response to the food and propane shortage at South Dakota Pine Ridge Reservation, the Native American Awareness Committee will be accepting clothing donation and non-perishable food items at Emmanuel Lutheran Church on the following Thursdays: March 11, 18, 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact Mac Spotted Horse at (779) 423-1260, if you need your items picked up.
Call Friday through Tuesday for the following Thursday pick-up.
If you leave a message, be sure to leave your name and phone number. Also, be sure the clothing is clean and in good shape.
With great thanks, donations in any amount can be sent to: Dean Patton, Treasurer, Oglala Sioux Tribe, P.O. Box 2070, Pine Ridge, SD 57770.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue