- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Please help with food and clothing collection for South Dakota reservation
From press release
After a very severe winter, in a continuing response to the food and propane shortage at South Dakota Pine Ridge Reservation, the Native American Awareness Committee will be accepting clothing donation and non-perishable food items at Emmanuel Lutheran Church on the following Thursdays: March 11, 18, 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact Mac Spotted Horse at (779) 423-1260, if you need your items picked up.
Call Friday through Tuesday for the following Thursday pick-up.
If you leave a message, be sure to leave your name and phone number. Also, be sure the clothing is clean and in good shape.
With great thanks, donations in any amount can be sent to: Dean Patton, Treasurer, Oglala Sioux Tribe, P.O. Box 2070, Pine Ridge, SD 57770.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue