- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Please help with food and clothing collection for South Dakota reservation
From press release
After a very severe winter, in a continuing response to the food and propane shortage at South Dakota Pine Ridge Reservation, the Native American Awareness Committee will be accepting clothing donation and non-perishable food items at Emmanuel Lutheran Church on the following Thursdays: March 11, 18, 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact Mac Spotted Horse at (779) 423-1260, if you need your items picked up.
Call Friday through Tuesday for the following Thursday pick-up.
If you leave a message, be sure to leave your name and phone number. Also, be sure the clothing is clean and in good shape.
With great thanks, donations in any amount can be sent to: Dean Patton, Treasurer, Oglala Sioux Tribe, P.O. Box 2070, Pine Ridge, SD 57770.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue