- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
River District names First Northern Credit Union Annual Investor Sponsor
From press release
River District Association has announced that First Northern Credit Union has committed to being a 2010 Annual Investor Sponsor of River District Association at the ARCH level of $10,000.
First Northern Credit Union will be recognized as the ARCH Sponsor for all seven of the River District Association events throughout 2010 and on an ongoing basis in newsletters, news releases, assorted print material and the RDA Web site, RiverDistrict.com.
Melissa S. Miller, business development representative for First Northern Credit Union (and Commercial Broker for Century 21 Country North) presented River District Executive Director Kim Johnsen with the $10,000 check Friday, Feb. 19.
This is a first-time partnership between RDA and First Northern Credit Union, and leaders from both organizations are thrilled about working together throughout the year to bring exciting events to downtown Rockford.
Johnsen says: “I am really delighted that First Northern Credit Union is eager to be a part of making downtown Rockford a lively place that draws people to it for many reasons throughout the year. Also, their support of River District helps with our organization’s ongoing efforts to promote and advocate for downtown so it is a vibrant heart of the Rockford area.”
First Northern Credit Union will be recognized as ARCH Sponsor for the following RDA events this year: Heart of Rockford Awards/Annual Membership Meeting (March 25), mixers (dates vary), A Cook’s Tour of Downtown (tentative/May 20), Farmers’ Market (summer), Historical River Tours (dates vary), Historical Walk-Abouts (dates vary) and Red Ball fund-raiser (Oct. 9).
Established in 1944 as Edison Credit Union, First Northern Credit Union has grown to serve communities and companies throughout northern Illinois. Unlike banks, First Northern is a not-for-profit cooperative, owned and operated by its members—the people who save and borrow money with the credit union. The credit union has no outside stockholders, so it returns its profits to its members in the form of higher-paying dividends on savings, lower rates on loans and reduced or eliminated fees.
First Northern is one of the largest, healthiest and more progressive credit unions in the state. It is backed by assets of more than $250 million and has a membership of 25,000.
Join First Northern Credit Union by visiting its location at 104 N. Show Place Drive, Rockford, or calling (815) 332-9898 and speaking with a financial service adviser.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue