- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic seeks patients
From press release
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Dental Hygiene Clinic is looking for patients who have not received regular routine dental hygiene care (cleanings) for at least three years. The clinic offers low-cost dental hygiene preventive dental services. The clinic serves insured and uninsured populations, at nominal fees.
Patients will receive a full oral examination, medical history, oral cancer screenings and dental cleanings. All work is done under the supervision of clinical instructors consisting of Registered Dental Hygienists and Licensed Dentists.
Some additional services available to patients include X-rays, fluoride treatment and more.
Because of the educational nature of the program, several appointments will be necessary to complete care. Expect multiple appointments 3-1/2 hours in length. Depending on the time of the year and the needs of the students, not all patients who call will be appointed.
The Dental Hygiene Clinic is in RVC’s Stenstrom Center for Career Education at 4151 Samuelson Road, just east of Jefferson High School in Rockford. The dental hygiene facility includes state-of-the-art equipment.
For more information about the Dental Hygiene Clinic at Rock Valley College or to schedule an appointment, call (815) 921-3235.
From the Mar. 3-9, 2010 issue