Woodstock’s TownSquare Players stages 1776 March 5-21
From press release
WOODSTOCK, Ill.—TownSquare Players (TSP), Inc., announces the members of the cast and staff for its March 5-21 production of the musical 1776, by Sherman Edwards (music and lyrics) and Peter Stone (book).
1776 is a Tony Award-winning musical about the final weeks leading up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, with “founding fathers” like Benjamin Franklin, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson being brought to life as real individuals. Songs include “The Lees of Old Virginia,” “He Plays the Violin,” “Momma Look Sharp,” “Molasses to Rum” and “Cool, Cool Considerate Men.” Artistic/Vocal Director Geoff King and Choreographer Angie Kells are working with this talented cast:
• Mike Pirtle of Cary, Ill. (“James Wilson”)
• Alex Fayer (“Robert Livingston”), Dick Foertsch (“Lewis Morris”), Brendan Gaughan (“Leather Apron”/“Painter”), Frank Gaughan (“Benjamin Franklin”), Gary Gruebenau (“Charles Thomson”) and Bruce Marchionda (“Andrew McNair”), all of Crystal Lake, Ill.
• Michael Van Belle (“John Dickinson”) of Elmwood Park, Ill.
• Robin Giebelhausen (“Martha Jefferson”) of Evanston, Ill.
• Robert Ryan Sadlowski (“John Adams”) of Gurnee, Ill.
• David Freise (“Col. Thomas McKean”) of Harvard, Ill.
• Charles (Sandy) Rutherford (“Samuel Chase”) of Hebron, Ill.
• David Gasior (“John Hancock”) of Johnsburg, Ill.
• Peter Heimsoth (“Caesar Rodney”), Nicholaus Langlois (“Courier”), Carrie MacDonald (“Abigail Adams”), John McDonnell (“Stephen Hopkins”) and Rick Williamson (“Dr. Josiah Bartlett”), all of McHenry, Ill.
• Jim Dixon (“Dr. Lyman Hall”) of North Aurora, Ill.
• Scott Bussert (“Thomas Jefferson”) of South Elgin, Ill.
• Paul Jenkins (“George Read”), Dan Kreisman (“Edward Rutledge”), Paul Lockwood (“Richard Henry Lee”), Larry Schubert (“Roger Sherman”), Joe Weyland (“Joseph Hewes”) and Robert Wilbrandt (“Rev. Jonathan Witherspoon”), all of Woodstock, Ill.
Lou Czarny is producing the musical for TSP and is also serving as set designer, technical coordinator and stage manager. Other staff members include: Kathy Collins, orchestra director; Steven Hill, lighting designer; Kent Wilson, set construction; Lynne Kreisman, props; Fantasy Festival, costumes and wigs; Jeff McFarlin, light board technician.
Performance dates for 1776 are March 5-7, 12-14 and 19-21, for a total of nine performances. Show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. Tickets are available at the Woodstock Opera House box office (815-338-5300) and at www.woodstockoperahouse.com.
For additional information, call Producer Lou Czarny at (815) 236-1937.
TSP, the oldest community theater group in McHenry County and a resident company of the Woodstock Opera House, was established in 1968 and incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in 1973.
Print This Article