- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Health Department announces Women Out Walking Program
From press release
The Boone County Health Department is looking for participants for Women Out Walking (W.O.W.), a 12-week walking challenge for women who want to look and feel better this spring. Seventeen teams of six women will report weekly step totals and compete for fun incentives. Pedometers and walking journals will be provided to all participants.
“This is an opportunity to make activity a health priority, while still having fun,” said the Health Department’s Director of Personal Health Services Lisa Gonzalez. “Physical inactivity is a significant health issue in this country. Through this program, we will be able to promote a healthier lifestyle and a more active community.”
Joining the walking program is easy. Form a team of six women, choose a captain and return a completed W.O.W. registration form to the Health Department by March 12. Forms are available at the Boone County Health Department, 1204 Logan Ave., Belvidere, or online at www.boone-health.org. Space is limited to the first 17 teams to register. Funding for this program is provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Office of Women’s Health.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue