- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Community news and notes: Week of March 10-16, 2010
Congressman Don Manzullo (R) recently announced the appointment of Kyle Schoonover of South Beloit and Jake Schnieder of Rockford to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo. Schoonover is a 2009 graduate of Hononegah High School and attends the Marion Military Institute in Marion, Ala. He was a member of Hononegah’s ice hockey team and also played with the Rockford Icemen and served as captain for the Rockford Roadrunners. Schoonover is the son of Kevin and Vicki Schoonover. Schnieder is a senior at Boylan Central Catholic High School. Currently, he serves as vice president of the Student Council, a member of the Mock Trial team and is president of the Greater Rockford Temple Youth Group. Schnieder is a member of Boylan’s Track and Field team, and is the son of Steven and Joy Schnieder. … Beloit Regional Hospice recently announced the hiring of Deb Shanley as the clinical resource coordinator. In her new position, Shanley will be responsible for orientation, continuing education and competency assessments for clinical staff. Shanley is a registered nurse, with her bachelor’s degree in nursing with certification in gerontological nursing. … Jon C. Michel, M.D., recently joined the staff of SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Michel, a pulmonary and critical care specialist, is originally from Sterling, and received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. He continued his training at the University Medical Center in Chicago with an internal medicine residency, followed by a pulmonary-critical care fellowship. Dr. Michel is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue