- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
Community news and notes: Week of March 10-16, 2010
Congressman Don Manzullo (R) recently announced the appointment of Kyle Schoonover of South Beloit and Jake Schnieder of Rockford to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo. Schoonover is a 2009 graduate of Hononegah High School and attends the Marion Military Institute in Marion, Ala. He was a member of Hononegah’s ice hockey team and also played with the Rockford Icemen and served as captain for the Rockford Roadrunners. Schoonover is the son of Kevin and Vicki Schoonover. Schnieder is a senior at Boylan Central Catholic High School. Currently, he serves as vice president of the Student Council, a member of the Mock Trial team and is president of the Greater Rockford Temple Youth Group. Schnieder is a member of Boylan’s Track and Field team, and is the son of Steven and Joy Schnieder. … Beloit Regional Hospice recently announced the hiring of Deb Shanley as the clinical resource coordinator. In her new position, Shanley will be responsible for orientation, continuing education and competency assessments for clinical staff. Shanley is a registered nurse, with her bachelor’s degree in nursing with certification in gerontological nursing. … Jon C. Michel, M.D., recently joined the staff of SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Michel, a pulmonary and critical care specialist, is originally from Sterling, and received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. He continued his training at the University Medical Center in Chicago with an internal medicine residency, followed by a pulmonary-critical care fellowship. Dr. Michel is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue